Do you need to measure the flow of liquid or gas?
Flow meter measures the volume of fluid or gas that is flowing through a pipe or duct. They can use in any industry where fluids or gases are transported. Including water and wastewater treatment plants, refineries, chemical processing facilities, power generation plants, and more. It can use for both onshore and offshore applications.
We are one of the leading industrial automation and flow meter suppliers in UAE. We offer products from major brands including installation and commissioning supports. So feel free to give us a call. One of our experts will assist you.
Are you looking for a cost-effective flow measurement solution?
The most common types include magnetic, vortex shedding, and positive displacement. We offer low-cost solutions for all your needs. Our products are designed to be easy to use and install with little maintenance required. Our dedicated instrumentation team is available to assist you with the correct product selection, installation, and start-up.
VORTEX FLOW METER
THERMAL MASS FLOWMETER
There are two operating modes available in this type. The first one electric power remains constant and measures the increase in temperature. The second mode maintains the temperature difference as constant. Then calculates the electricity required to maintain it. The second method of operation gives much more range in the meter. But it is very complex and time-consuming to use.
TURBINE FLOW METER
ELECTROMAGNETIC FLOW METER
It is the most accurate and reliable way to measure fluid velocity. They’re used in countless industries, including oil & gas, chemical processing, power generation, and more. Our electromagnetic flow sensors are durable enough for harsh environments. It provides precise measurements for your liquid process.
We offer a wide range of models with different features. Like high accuracy or low-pressure drop. So we have an option that will work best for your application.
HOW DOES ELECTROMAGNETIC FLOWMETER WORKS?
It works by measuring the magnetic field generated by an electric current in a conductor. Typically, copper or aluminum wires are used. This is done using two coils. One to induce the current in the conductor and another to measure it. The electromagnetic current injected into the fluid creates an electrical field around it. The strength of this field is proportional to electric current flows through the conductor. Such as temperature and pressure.
It can use in a wide range of applications. Including water and wastewater treatment, chemical processing, power generation as well as fuel flows in gas stations and oil refineries. They can also be used to monitor airflow in ventilation systems or even blood flowing through veins.
It is an ideal choice for measuring high-viscosity liquids that may clog or damage other types of sensors. These devices also provide accurate measurements even when there’s low liquid levels or pressure fluctuations. This makes them perfect for use in pipelines with intermittent flows. Such as those found at well sites where the pipeline must go over hills and dales before reaching a central plant facility.
If you need to monitor fluid movement through your process line but want to avoid problems like clogging or false readings due to pressure fluctuations? Then an electromagnetic flowmeter could be just what you need. We have all sorts of different models available so contact us today. If you’d like more information about how we can help solve your measurement needs!
It is a velocity flow measurement device. It measures the volume flow of conductive liquids. Furthermore, it not only has a site display. It can provide standard current signals like 4-20mA. For recording and adjusting controls to realize automatic detection and long-distance signal transmission. It can measure the flow of many kinds of liquids. Like slurries in water, wastewater, chemical, dairy, and so on. It can also use in many kinds of industries such as food, beverages, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, steel, paper, and mining, etc. The structure of the instrument has a compact and remote type.
- There are no moving parts in the measuring tube, so it is convenient for maintenance.
- There is no flow obstructing parts, so it has a low-pressure loss.
- The lowest conductivity of the tested liquid is ≥20μs/cm, with various lining materials.
- It is used to measure the flow of different acids and alkalis such as salt solutions, slurry, mineral pulp, and paper pulp, etc.
- High accuracy is guaranteed. The induction voltage of the sensor has a direct relation with the average flow rate.
- The properties of corrosives, viscosity, pressure, density, acidity, and alkalinity do not affect the performance of it.
- It has low-frequency rectangular wave excitation. But it doesn’t have an effect on the facility frequency and varied interferences in order that it ensures stable and reliable measurement.
- Not affected by the direction of the fluid, both positive and negative flow can be accurately measured.
- With an LCD backlit display, parameters can be modified on-site conveniently. The unit can detect if the pipe is full or drained /empty with an empty pipe detection/alarm function.
When choosing the installation location of an electromagnetic flow sensor, the following requirements have to be noticed to ensure the stable and reliable performance of the sensor.
- The device should be placed away from the devices like motors, transformers, frequency conversion instruments as they pose large magnetic fields.
- Please better install in a dry and ventilated place.
- The environment temperature should not be more than 60 °C and relative humidity not is more than 95%.
- Choose a place where is convenient for operation and to avoid negative pressure. It shouldn’t be installed at the inlet of the pump.
- The pump valves should always be mounted on the downstream side of the flow sensor.
- The flow sensor needs to mount in a vertical position. The flow direction will always be upward when the flow sensor is mounted vertically.
The steps to be followed while choosing the line position.
- The medium should always be full-filled in the pipe from the installation location. This helps to avoid gas sticking fast to the line.
- When the sensor is not fully filled, it can raise the end pipeline of the device and makes it is full.
- The front and rear straight pipes are ≥10DN at the front of the meter and ≥5DN at the back.
- The remote type signal cable should use a customized dedicated cable.
- A Yz medium-sized rubber sheathed cable is optional for the excitation cable. Its length is the same as that of the signal.
- Signal cables are strictly separated from other power sources.
- The signal cable and excitation cable should be as short as possible. The excess cables should not roll. The excess cables should be cut off and the joints should be re-welded.
- When the cable is connected to the electrical interface of the sensor, insert a U-shape at the port. It prevents rainwater from penetrating into the sensor.
Electric potential difference is not allowed between measuring sensors and shells. Also, converter protection grounding. A separate ground connection is preferred for the electromagnetic sensor. If grounding together with other instruments or electrical devices. The leakage current in-ground wire may produce series mode interference to the measurement signal. It could cause the electromagnetic type can not to work.
Installation and useage
The electromagnetic type is used to measure the flow of liquids like water, acids, and slurries in pipes. The proper measurement is obtained when the liquid has an electrical conductivity of more than 5μS/cm. The flow measurement in low conductive liquids using the electromagnetic type is very rare. The deionized water, Hydrocarbons have low conductivity and this will turn off the meter.
It can be applied to clean, sanitized, contaminated, and corrosive fluids as they do not obstruct the flow. Electromagnetic it is applied to conductive fluids for flow measurement.
In water treatment plants, electromagnetic meter are used to measure the treated and untreated sewage, chemicals, process water, and slurries. With correct attention to materials of construction, the flow of extremely corrosive liquids (such as acid and caustic) and abrasive slurries are measured. Corrosive liquid applications are normally found within the industry processes and in chemical feed systems in most industries. Slurry applications are normally found within the mining, extraction, pulp and paper, and effluent industries.
The meter orientation is in a way that the device should be completely filled with liquid. There will be a drastic change in the flow measurement if the device is not completely filled with the fluid.
Collapse and can get sucked into the pipeline which in turn damages the device. Likewise, the high temperature also can result in damage to it.
There are a lot of benefits of using an electromagnetic flowmeter to determine the flow rates of the liquids. Some of the significant benefits are listed below;
Even with the above advantages, it has some downsides also.
- Effective only for liquids that are conductive
- With respect to the size and capacity, it can be heavy.
- The usual problems with magnetic materials like hydrodynamic effects can affect the normal flow pattern. This can disturb the speed of the flow which in turn interrupts the operation.